Here is Why I Appreciate APHM (The Association of Private Hospitals of Malaysia)
Thanks to extensive support from the government, the Malaysian healthcare system is fairly advanced. The government has put a very high priority on this sector and has allocated more than 10% of the overall budget for it.
- Very recently, the honorable Health Minister of Malaysia, Dr. Dzulkefly Ahmad, has announced six key measures to ensure that Malaysians receive the best possible healthcare.
- Early this year, the Ministry of Health launched Integrated Malaysian Health Data Warehouse (MyHDW), making Malaysia the 7thcountry to have such data warehouse. The data warehouse aims to offer a trusted source of comprehensive healthcare data.
- In March 2018, the Prime Minister of Malaysia granted the request of the Sabah government and Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) to develop the varsity’s first smart hospital called Smart HUMS.
- Initiatives like these by the government and the active participation of private and public healthcare providers, Malaysia ranks amongst the top five countries offering the best and high-quality healthcare.
With the proliferation of technologies such as Big Data, IoT, Cloud, and Mobility, the overall healthcare ecosystem is going through a massive transformation and disruption. To ensure that everyone involved in the system is up to date with the latest happenings in the industry, it is important that the healthcare providers get an opportunity to congregate and work together to identify solutions for better hospital outcomes and patient care. One major initiative to offer such platform in Malaysia is taken by APHM through its annual conference.
Since 1972, the Association of Private Hospitals of Malaysia, commonly known as APHM, has been in existence and it represents the private hospitals and medical centers in Malaysia. The 100+ APHM member hospitals work closely with public sector healthcare providers to help in bringing comprehensive medical care to Malaysians and raise the overall medical care standards within the country.
The APHM Conference
One of the major initiatives of APHM is the yearly APHM conference. With over 800 delegates, 2000+ Visitors and more than 180 exhibitors,APHMInternational Health Conference and Exhibition 2018 is undoubtedly the largest healthcare conferences held in Malaysia. The theme for this year, which is the 26thyear of APHM, is “Emerging Models of Healthcare Delivery” – it is very much aligned with our offerings of Smart Solutions for Today’s Smart Hospitals.
- What I appreciate about this event is that it offers a great opportunity and platform for all healthcare, hospital, medical service providers to get together and collaborate for better patient safety and hospital outcomes. Through this platform, various stakeholders in the healthcare ecosystem get a chance to interact with multiple healthcare providers and organizations and identify avenues that can drive the growth of quality healthcare in the country.
- I have experienced that at APHM, one gets to know the latest technological innovations and happenings in the industry. For the hospitals and healthcare institutes, the technology exhibit is a great place to look for the most suitable technology solution for their needs.
- The well-curated speaker track at APHM conference is always a thing to look forward to. Eminent personalities from the fields of medical research, healthcare consulting, doctors, hospital management, industry analysts and healthcare services are there to share their knowledge, views, and experiences. This year, there seems to be a particular focus on topics like big data, data analysis, predictive analytics, AI in healthcare, digitization of healthcare, etc. My team plans to attend some of these sessions since we at SD Global are extensively working in these areas.
The Association of SD Global and APHM
At SD Global Tech, we are regular at APHM. This year too, we are looking forward to the conference and exhibition. This year, the theme of our booth is Smart Hospital. The various pods at our booth are equipped with latest gadgets and technologies including voice virtual assistant, chatbots, QR codes, mobile app, connected devices, etc. to offer a complete smart hospital experience to the visitors.
At our booth, you can also have a look at our exciting portfolio of healthcare products and solutions that are scalable and adaptable to the growing business demands and seamlessly connect with the latest software technologies. We offer a complete range of solutions for Specialty Hospitals, Corporate Hospitals, and Medical Universities. Our solutions are helping 100’s of doctors provide care to 1000’s of patients in hospitals across Malaysia.
If you are at APHM from 31stJuly to 2ndAugust, this is my personal invitation to all of you to come and visit our booth number 150 – 153 and experience the Smart Hospital!
Thank you APHM for providing such a great platform for healthcare organizations and healthcare technology providers. I am extremely looking forward to the event.